Giving: Partner With Us
"Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." 14 How can they call on him unless they believe in him? How can they believe in him unless they hear about him? How can they hear about him unless someone preaches to them? 15 And how can anyone preach without being sent? It is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!" - Romans 10:13-15
God is definitely blessing the ministry of Camp ACCOVAC but we cannot effectively minister to the needs of today's youth without your help. Every summer they converge on this sacred ground expecting to hear from God in a special way. For many of them, the work of Christ in their hearts carries them through the school year. Some come from very broken homes and this is the only place they hear about the love of Christ and experience it in the love of others. We are always in need of volunteer help. Year round there are opportunities for you, your family, church, or youth group to come and serve. The 5 weeks of summer camp require many people with special skills and a love for kids to communicate the gospel through nursing, cooking, counseling or chaperoning.
There is always a need for financial giving. The camp board and staff are committed to being the best stewards of the resources that God has entrusted to us. You can be assured that your contribution will be valued and carefully put to work in the furtherance of Christ's kingdom. You can even give toward a specific need and be assured that your contribution goes specifically to that area of ministry. Below are some of the areas where help is most needed:
- Tuition: Our policy is to never turn anyone away because of inability to pay. Many of the youth that attend camp are in need of full and partial scholarships. Families with 3-4 kids find it hard to send them all to camp. Every gift of $200 will pay a full scholarship for youth attending camp this summer. Smaller gifts are appreciated and can be combined to pay for full and partial scholarships.
- Supplies: We cannot underscore how much the wear and tear is placed on the equipment here at Camp ACCOVAC. Your generous contribution for equipment will go to buy new basketballs, canoes, volleyballs, tents, mattresses, etc... The list goes on.
- Facilities: buildings and grounds are in constant need of paint and carpentry repairs. All metal roofs on the grounds are in need of painting. Cabins 1-6 are in need of newer energy efficient doors and windows. The shower house is in need of new sinks and several commodes. Pool equipment is constantly needing to be serviced and updated not to mention chemicals and additives. All of this costs money. Your generous contribution earmarked "facilities" goes toward these much needed repairs.
- Multi-Purpose Building: One of our long term dreams is to build a multi-purpose building consisting of a full gymnasium, kitchen, and perhaps even some lodging rooms running down each side. This would greatly benefit the campground for two reasons. First, it would be a tremendous benefit to the camps that we run throughout the summer providing a place to host evening activities, rainy day events, and even aid us in bumping up the number of youth that we could serve in a given week. The second way that a multipurpose building could benefit Camp ACCOVAC would be providing a better facility for year round use. Providing an indoor/heated space would allow us to book groups throughout the winter months which have traditionally been a slow time of the year at ACCOVAC. Think about partnering with us today to make this dream a reality.
- Your gift will be tax deductible, as Camp ACCOVAC is a non-profit organization.